Request for Proposals for QIPS Council sponsored Healthcare Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Grants
QIPS Resident Council promotes the development of experience and expertise in quality improvement and patient safety projects and efforts. Please address questions to Shelly Dierking, CEO – Patient Safety Education Partnership, email@example.com or 303.669.2700.
II. Funding & Support
QIPS Council will provide $5000 each to 5 projects. Funds are for the 12 months beginning July 1, 2016. QIPS Council residents, staff and faculty will work closely with awardees and provide in-kind support and coaching.
Project proposals are due by May 31, 2016.
IV. Eligibility and Requirements
Quality Improvement and Patient Safety grant projects must be conducted within MedStar Hospitals or an institution in the Baltimore/DC area associated with the QIPS Resident Council. Projects can be led by faculty, staff, fellows, residents or medical students.
Projects are intended to improve clinical care and outcomes for a population of patients by implementing proven and/or expert-recommended strategies and approaches. Proposals to research new interventions for efficacy and/or effectiveness will not be funded.
V. Proposal Format and Length
Proposals should be formatted using minimum 11-point font, 1-inch margins and double-spaced text.
- Project Lead/Key Contact (name, email & phone number)
- Project Summary/Abstract and Relevance (250 words)
- Aim: What are you trying to accomplish? What is the gap in quality you are trying to address? What is the specific patient population your project will impact? (1/2 page)
- How will you know if you have improved? Briefly describe your measurement approach as part of the proposal narrative.
- What changes can you make that will result in improvement? How will you test those changes?
- Implementation Timeline
- Budget and Justification – how will you use the $5000 grant award?
VII. Review Criteria
Each project will be evaluated by at least three QIPS Council reviewers, using a 1-5 scoring system with 1 being the best score. After initial scoring, all QIPS Resident Council members will review and vote on which 5 projects will be funded.
VIII. Grant Submittal Guidelines
Submit your completed grant application by May 31, 2016 via email to Shelly Dierking at firstname.lastname@example.org.